Reported by Iñaki Ferreras at Rapid News
The study compared figures from the markets of the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, Belgium and Spain. The Spanish market takes just over three-quarters of the €20 million (€15.381 million) collected by the entire European gaming market.
Also, mobile games in Spain have almost equalled that of games consoles, at 12.9% and 13%, says Europa Press.
Spain has also exceeded consumption across four screens (computer, TV, mobile and tablets), with 33%, compared with an average of 21% in Europe and 22% in the United States.
As a side note the report also notes that the European video games market is growing faster than that of the United States. Video game consumer spending has increased by 3% in Europe, compared with a mere 1% in the U.S, which is surprising to me.
Read more: Spanish video game market fastest growing in Europe | Rapid TV News http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/25431/spanish-video-game-market-fastest-growing-in-europe.html#ixzz2IPtiobLL
- The mobile app economy is exploding (so, what else is new?) (venturebeat.com)
- Video Games Intelligence: Big Fish Games Join Major Players at Cloud Gaming Europe (prweb.com)
- Don't blame the video games (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)
- Spainish Companies' Investment in U.S. Up More Than 300% Since 2006 (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Nintendo shares climb as new Wii U sales beat predecessor (business.financialpost.com)
- The Dream: Becoming a Video Game Writer (ninetyninepercentgaming.wordpress.com)
- Spanish Christmas Activities for Kids – Printable Games and Vocabulary Practice (spanishplayground.net)